Friday, August 1, 2008

I have no idea what to title this post...

Hello to all~


Let's see, this past week I went to a lovely violin recital for my friends graduation! The music was fantastic and I very much enjoyed myself!


On Sunday I will be 18! Yes, my excitement is great! :D So, I went on Monday to get my Driver's License, and am also now able to vote!! yay! :) I was thrilled upon learning that I wouldn't have to take any tests to get my license!! Since I was parent-taught, I automatically missed the physical test, and when I took the Permit test about a year ago, that was also the Driving test!! So, to my delight, it was just glamour time! Yes, I had my picture taken, and although most people dread that part, I'm looking forward to see how mine turned out! :)


Other than the things mentioned above, things have been pretty normal at our place. So, today is Friday, and you all know what that means!!



~Fettuccini Al Pesto~

4 cups basil leaves (stems removed), tightly packed
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves crushed garlic
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup raw pine nuts
6 zucchini, peeled
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
To make the pesto, place the basil, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until the basil is chopped. Add the pine nuts and process until smooth. Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, pesto will keep for five days.

To make fettuccini, use a vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini down to the core of the seeds on all sides, forming long strips. Do not continue peeling once you reach the core of the seeds. Toss the zucchini fettuccini with enough pesto to coat. Toss diced tomato and parmesan in if desired.


10 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations Courtney! Wow, this has been a big week for you...have fun driving! :)

Megan said...

Hi Courtney!
I hope you're having a wonderful birthday!
Have a great day and blessings to you!
Megan

Evann said...

Happy Birthday, Courtney!!!!!

Courtney said...

awwww! :D you two are so sweet! i feel special and loved :)! thanks!

Evann said...

Hey Courtney? How did you get that picture to show up in the title box? I'm considering making a blog, but I just don't know how to make a picture like that appear on mine.

Courtney said...

oh that would be great for you to get a blog!!

mmmm...well....it's actually somewhat complicated. i found the picture on google images and then transfered it to Paint. after that i added the words and saved it. you can get an account with Photobucket (free!) and then transfer it to that. they will give you an HTML code to put on your blog! my computer's weird, so i have to do everything HTML. i figured out how to do all this from:
http://www.designmom.com/2007/05/making-blog-banner-by-guest-mom-amy-m.html

let me know if that helps at all! i wish i could just show you, and from what Megan says you don't live too too far from me! :) i live very very close to Megan.

Evann said...

*Looks at the message with utter confusion* Sorry! :D

Okay, I know all about getting pictures off the internet and saving them...hmm...ok, you added the words while it was on Paint or after you saved it to your blog?
Aah, and the rest...I don't really get.

*Sheepish grin* I have a hard time understanding computer talk... I'm still learning all about computers and I'm kinda a slow learner. :D Oh, and I can't find that URL that you gave me. I typed it in (because it wasn't in a link for some reason ??) and it popped up "Cannot be found".

Ok, I just saw something on my blog Customize and went to HTML and they said I could upload a template? Is that what you were talking about?

(Yeah, I set up a blog by accident - I didn't mean to but I accidently pressed the wrong button. So now I have a blog, but I don't like it. :) I'm frustrated with how...blah, the templates all are. They all look the same pretty much.)

You live in Wylie? Cool! Well, I live a distance from Wylie...two-hours. :( *sniff*

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

after reading through my last coomment, i'm realizing how many mistakes i made :D. yeah, i typed fast :).

Evann said...

I e-mailed!!! :D