Friday, July 25, 2008

More food!

Mango Avocado Salad

3 mangos, diced into 1/2-inch cubes

3 avocados, diced into 1/2-inch cubes

1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch cubes

1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped

1/4 cup sesame oil

3 Tablespoons lime juice

1 1/2 Tablespoons sesame seeds

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

2 Serrano chilies or red onion, minced

Combine all ingredients and toss gently. Serve immediately.

This delicious salad takes you by surprise! I never would of thought that avocado and mango would taste so good together!


6 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I love Avocados and Mango!! They are some of my favorites. I'll have to share this one with my mom. Thanks!

Evann said...

Hi Courtney! It's Evann. I became smart and clicked on your name at Megan's blog and realized "OH! She has a blog too!". *Sheepish grin* Yeah, I'm a bit slow... Hense the name "Courtney" on the list of Megan's favorite websites...Oh well. :)

Wow, I love your blog! And your background is so catchy! Love it! How did you get that little pink banner on your top right? That's so neat! :)

The recipe looks yummy! Never thought that avocados and mangos are good together, but I'll trust you and Megan's taste buds! :D Maybe I'll try that recipe! Sounds good. :)

Well, have a good day!

Courtney said...

hey Evann! thanks for the comment! i love hearing people's thoughts!

yes, as you can tell i'm all girl and i love to decorate :)! here's the website that the banner came from :
http://www.christianwomenonline.net/blogextras.html
i felt that pink matched better than the other colors.

it is so delish! i'm not a fan of mangos, but my mom and sister go crazy over them lol! so, i hesitantly tasted a teeny bite, and was pleasantly suprised!

Courtney said...

wait, Evann, you were at Maiden's Quest?! :D how fun! did you enjoy it?

Evann said...

Yeah, I'm actually allergic to mango juice. If it drips on my chin, I break out in a rash. (At least, I think that is how I react. Lol, I haven't eaten a mango in a long time!) So I have to be very quick with that napkin when eating the delicious fruit! :)

Evann said...

Oh, didn't see the last message from you. :P

Yup, I was at the Dallas retreat and I LOVED it! It was so great! So inspiring and encouraging. And actually, it was a bit of a turn around for me. It really encouraged for me to be proud of being a girl and that being feminine is nothing to be ashamed of. And I love those kind of conferences that seem to bring you closer to the Lord every time. It's wonderful! Almost like I power drink. Lol, a spiritual power drink. Cool.

I so hope that it comes again next year because I am definetly going. I have several friends who also want to go since they missed April's.

Well, have a great day!