Last night, for the first time (besides tap and ballet) I went dancing! oh it was simply wonderful! The type of dancing was English Country Dancing, which is best recognized in Jane Austen movies, such as Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Persuasion, etc. I have found a new activity in which I find delight! It was glorious, and I felt quite honored to be asked by 3 guys to dance! :) They were very low on gentlemen last night, so many times it was girls dancing with girls.
In November there is to be a ball :), and so about two times a month there is a practice night for 3 hours! At the ball, the ladies dress in Jane Austen style, and the gentlemen dress in suits, or some in military attire, or just something nice! I do so hope we go (and I'm quite sure we will), for it would be so lovely and such fun! The ball is from 7-midnight :D! After 3 hours last night, I find myself to be quite sore! lol! Tonight, I'll be dancing again at a friends going-away party! I love dancing!
The style of dancing:

Saturday, August 16, 2008
May I have this dance?
Posted by Courtney at 9:10 AM
Labels: English Country Dancing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Sounds like alot of fun! I hope we can join you guys next time.
Sounds like alot of fun! I hope we can join you next time.
Hey Courtney! Wonderful post - glad you had fun dancing last night and hope you will again this evening! See you soon! Megan L.
Oh, my goodness, that sounds like so much fun! Next time try to get someone to take some pictures. :)
Oh what fun! Teach me, teach me:)
And it was so fun to meet you there!
How fun!! =D
Post a Comment