Hello all! I decided to do a more serious post this time! Hopefully it doesn't bore anyone :).
As most of you know, I don't date, but am instead waiting for my future guy, and trusting the Lord to bring him to me! Many are confused as to why I have chosen this wonderful yet sometimes difficult path. In a world where dating is looked upon as one of the most cool and awesome things you could ever do, I'm taking a stand against it.
Yeah, many think I'm strange and weird, but my heart will stay whole for the one I will one day cherish. Why date when either you're going to break up with him or vice-versa? Your giving your heart away to someone who more than likely will end up breaking it.
When I state that this path is sometimes difficult, I'm not lying in any way! I can't tell you how many times I have lain in my bed crying out of discouragment! Yet, God is always faithful, and He never fails to bring me encouragement from somewhere. Whether it be a verse, or a person, or perhaps just a picture in my mind (I have a very vivid imagination). I'm writing this as an encouragement to all of you who read my blog and are waiting. Whether you be girl or guy, always know, there are others going down this narrow path. May we all be an encouragement to each other!

Okay girls, I know, being a girl myself, that most of you probably dream of your wedding day and the man you'll marry! The colors, the bridesmaids, the type of wedding dress, who your going to invite, the flowers, what he's going to be like, and the list goes on... :) Dreaming of that lovely day and of him is completely natural! But! I must prewarn, do not become obssessive with it to where it fills your every thought! I have made the mistake of dreaming of my future life too much, and God showed me that living in the future makes you become discontented about the present! He has also revealed to me that not only should we stay physically pure, but also menatally. If you are thinking and dreaming of what you think marriage will be like, your poor future husband will never be able to live up to your expectations! We should instead, during these wonderful years of singleness, be developing a relationship with Jesus, our true Knight in shining armor!
BarlowGirl's song Average Girl talks about not being the average girl of this world, but instead to be like Sleeping Beauty, and to wait! 
I know that at least most of you have seen Sleeping Beauty :)! oh, such a sweet movie! And I love it even more if I think of myself sleeping until my prince comes to take me as his own! In the Bible it says:
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. Song of Solomon 4:5b
Another special thing that I have chosen to wait for is my first kiss. Your first kiss is so special, and should be cherished and treasured! I'm saving my first kiss for my wedding day! Oh so romantic, don't you think?!
I pray for our generation. That we would stand strongly for what we believe, and that others would see Christ living through us! I encourage each of you to wait, and also to pray for your future spouse. It's not only encouraging to pray for them, but you also don't know what he/she could be going through. I know that they would greatly appreciate you praying for them!
I pray and hope that this post has encouraged you! May we trust our loving and amazing Lord to bring us our future spouse, may we encourage others to wait, and may we stay faithful to our future love all the days of our lives!
11 comments:
Wow Courtney! Thanks for the encouragement! It was wonderful! I love you so much and I know you'll make a wonderful wife for a wonderful young man! =)
Spot on girl! What a wonderful post Courtney! Thank you very much for the encouragement. It is so rewarding to wait...as hard as it is sometimes (our pastor talked some about waiting this morning). I know I will look back and be grateful, but it can be difficult during the waiting to see the rewards. But, God's grace is so great and it's such a blessing to have Him to fall in love with.
We really need to get together soon!
Megan
Hey Courtney!
It's me, Emma (auntie em)
I do enjoy your blog! Sorry it's taken me so long to keep up mine!
Well, just wondered whether or not you cared if I call you "Courtney Dearest"? Just for now anyway.
'Cause I added you to my "favorite blog's" list. I think you said you were ok with that. If your not, please don't hesitate to let me know!
It's so good to hear from you!
Hope all is well!
His Truly, Emma
lol :) no, Courtney Dearest is lovely! i don't mind that in any way! thanks for asking though!
Thanks Courtney!
I'm lovn' your blog!
It's so fun to see how much we have in common.
I really wish I could sit down and type out my thoughts the way you do. But I just haven't figured out how to manage my time while I'm typing.
My life has been crazy busy!
But I think things will start to slow down a little... I hope!
Well, anyway... I'll try to post more of my thoughts, goals, and dreams as soon as I possibly can.
Again, thank you for sharing your blog with me! It's been quite an encouragement!
God bless you Courtney dearest!
His truly, Emma
Great entry, Courtney!!!! As you probably know, I completely agree with you!!
This is Esther, by the way. :)
Wow, Courtney, that was awesome! It totally hit the spot. Thank you so much for that amazing encouragement!!! I feel for all the girls who are out there struggling to remain pure for our future husbands. It can be so difficult sometimes and a lot of the time I just want to let go and stop swimming against the current and go with the flow of the world. But we can't. Because like Megan said, it will be rewarding in the end if we wait. =) Lol, sometimes when I'm struggling I'll start inwardly yelling, "Oh, I hope my future husband is grateful for all I'm going through!!" *Sheepish grin*
Thanks so much for this awesome post!
~Evann~
(I hope all that was actually understandable. I'm rather tired and probably need to go to sleep. 'Night!)
Thanks Courtney for the encouragement. It was great.
WOW i think my head is bout 2 explode after thinking about that post!!! You hav emy prayers tha God continues to guide your every step. Love You. - Justin -
Hey there!
I absolutely love this post! It is right on, and I just love your personal honesty on the manner!
Waiting is not easy, but God will bless you for your patience!
"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the Lord."
Psalm 27:14
this is a great post! it really encouraged me. i know exactly what you mean when you say it's hard, but definately worth it all :) keep it up girl!
Post a Comment