This post was typed on Tuesday, July 8, but I forgot about it until today. :( So keep that in mind as you read it, knowing that when I say "today" I mean Tuesday.
At 4:15am my alarm rang loud and true, for blueberry picking consists of early rising! Yes, today we picked 4 gallons of blueberries for 3 hours! There are few things more enjoyable than getting close to nature and seeing more clearly the beauty of God! Except, of course, when you are bitten by pesking little what-nots. We headed out before the sun had awaken and picked up my grandmother who, to our deight decided to go with us! But, to my dismay, we had forgotten the camera! So, there will be no pictures except with the recipe. The blueberries, also to my horror, were scarce, it being the end of the season. So our search for these fat blue balls of goodness was a bit more involved than we first imagined. Mom had originally planned on picking 8 gallons, but due to the scarcity, we only got 4. I realize my Don't Panic It's Organic is on Fridays, but we found an oh-so-good recipe, and it seemed fitting! :)
BLUEBERRY CREAM MUFFINS4 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup coconut oil
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sour cream(we use organic, or course)
4 cups flour (if you grind your own wheat like us, we enjoyed Soft White)
2 cups fresh blueberries
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar. While beating, slowly pour in oil; add vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add alternately with the sour cream to the egg mixture. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake 400 degress for 20 minutes.
Makes 24 muffins.
After the blueberry picking, we headed to the farm where we get our dairy products! I posted about it in an earlier post. And then, peaches here we come! That's right! Fresh picked peaches from a farm! Although we didn't hand pick them ourselves they are scrumptious! So today was filled with fruit and dairy!


2 comments:
uh huh. but we were so hot that our clothes were sticking to us. And we were all complaining about the heat (even Mimi was), and that we wanted to go home....you forgot to add that little bit of information. =)
But those are the best blueberry muffins. They're much better if they cool.
Hi Courtney,
I think I tried to comment the other day, but my Internet is pretty bad here so I guess it didn't go through. Anyway, sounds like a fun day! The recipe looks so yummy and I love your "Don't Panic, It's Organic!" banners...very pretty!
Post a Comment