Happy 4th of July to all my dear blog readers! My day yesterday was filled with....well, you'll read about it :D! We began that lovely day with a sport. Something probably few of you know about me, is that I enjoy watching Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest! I'm not in really any way a sports fanatic, but other than basketball, this is the only sport I will watch:). So on the 4th, it has become a wonderful tradition for Hannah, dad, and myself to watch it (mom won't have anything to do with it :))! This year was by far the best! For the first time since I, at least, have been watching it, there was a tie! Kobyashi and Chestnut both ate 59 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes! Here's an article I found on it :D:
Kobayashi had hoped to reclaim the throne after suffering a
Thousands gathered at Coney Island on the Fourth of July to
And here are the men themselves!
(Top)Joey Chestnut (23), (bottom) Kobayashi (30):


Yeah, I had fun :D!
So after that excitement, we grilled burgers for dinner and watched Spiderwick Chronicles that evening followed by 2 episodes of Monk!
And now for the recipe of the week. I have neglected what I first promised to do. So now, I shall begin again, and every Friday will be Don't Panic, It's Organic day!

~Coffee Cake~
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
1 cup water
1 banana (optional) or Mandarin oranges or other fruit
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. In 2 cup measuring cup combine egg and oil, then add honey, vanilla, and water. If using banana...into the flour mixture chop banana and coat it with flour. Add the liquid ingredients all at once and stir gently and sparingly until just mixed. Pour into a greased 8x10 inch baking pan. If using mandarin oranges, lay orange pieces orderly on top of batter. Top with crunchy topping below and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Crunchy Topping
1/4 cup sucanat sweetener
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup nuts
Place all ingredients in blender. Turn machine on and off several times until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Crumble mixture over batter in pan.


3 comments:
My computer is being stupid, so i apologize for the font issue. i'll try to work more on it later.
What a fun day! Although I don't think I've watched the Hot dog eating contest on the 4th before, it sounds very entertaining!!
Also, love your "Don't Panic, It's Organic" banner!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)
Megan
Courtney! Your new header is so cool! Can't wait to hear about berry picking!
Post a Comment