Tuesday, July 15, 2008

~The Shack~

I have many times been asked the question, "what is your favorite book?". I would like to share with all my dear blog readers that The Shack is, besides the Bible and without a doubt, my favorite book. I highly recommend it for any and all of you to read it. Yes, it's profound. Yes, it will test your faith. Yes, it's controversial to many, but the message that William P. Young has to offer through this book is amazing! The Lord has shown me much through this book, and I now read the Bible with excitement! I see God in a different and more lovely and beautiful light! Many pastors and the such have put their foot down and claimed that they found this book to be offensive and not worth reading. But there is so much truth offered in it! No, I do not find it to be offensive in any way, but God, through this book, showed me truth like no other book has done! I encourage you to try it out for yourself. God can't be contained as a keepsake in locket. He can be anything to anyone, and we shouldn't try to contain Him! It's about a relationship, not religion! Please enjoy these wonderful videos about the background of The Shack!
Pt. 1


Pt. 2

Pt. 3

2 comments:

Michaela said...

This book sounds great. We just bought it and gave it to our neighbor and now my dad wants to get a copy to read.

Natalie said...

Great blog Courtney! I also love the, "The Shack."